WhatsApp on your Computer|If you run an online business or spend more time on your laptop. Then it would be annoying for you to pick up your phone and reply whenever you get a message. To get rid of this situation, Here we will explain to you how you can use WhatsApp on your PC or laptop.
WhatsApp Web is a quick and easy way to use WhatsApp on your PC or laptop. It lets you use WhatsApp from your browser.
Requirements to Run WhatsApp Web
Here is the process and the stuff required to use WhatsApp on your computer. You’ll be having these things, But for the sake of thoroughness, here’s the list.
- A phone with a working rear camera.
- A laptop or desktop computer with a web browser like Google Chrome, edge…
- An active internet connection for both your phone and your PC.
- The latest version of WhatsApp.
How to Set Up WhatsApp Web
Once you have all the stuff ready just follow the below steps. It’s a very simple process:
- Open the browser on your PC and visit web.whatsapp.com.
- On your mobile WhatsApp app, tap Menu > WhatsApp Web to start the QR code reader.
- Point your phone’s rear camera to the QR code on your PC screen.
In simple words scan the QR code which is on your PC screen with the WhatsApp app by going into WhatsApp web.
As soon as you scan the QR code, it will connect your phone to the PC. All the Whatsapp messages, media files, and status will be synced in between your WhatsApp and WhatsApp web.
How Safe Is WhatsApp Web?
In initial days it got some flak for its lack of security, but now it boasts end-to-end encryption for all its messages. This extends to WhatsApp Web as well.
Still, It’s good to employ the best security practices for WhatsApp, whether you’re using it on the web or on your mobile. Do not leave the WhatsApp web open on unknown computers.
For Safety concern: If you have to use WhatsApp Web on a different computer that means on other systems or cafes, then open it through an incognito window.
Read Also: Use WhatsApp on Your Computer
What You Can Do With WhatsApp Web
- Access media (photos, videos, audio) in-line.
- You can also download any media directly to your PC.
- Start a new conversation with any contact, or search for existing conversations.
- Reply, forward, star, or delete messages.
- Start a new group chat, talk in group chats, and view group info.
- Send emojis, GIFs, and stickers, as well as voice notes.
- View WhatsApp Status updates from any contact.
- Share photos and videos, documents, and contacts.
- Select multiple messages, and clear messages.
- Change your profile.
What You Can’t Do With WhatsApp Web
- You can’t send a WhatsApp Broadcast.
- You can’t make or receive WhatsApp Voice calls nor WhatsApp Video calls.
- You can’t post new WhatsApp Status updates.
- You can’t share maps or your current location.
- You can’t change media download settings, so all photos and videos sent to you are downloaded automatically.
How to Log Out of WhatsApp Web
If you are using WhatsApp Web on your own PC, then you can even stay logged in on your privacy concerns. You can access your WhatsApp for next time without repeating the login procedure.
And, If you are using another computer, then it’s best to log out after you are done. You can do this on both the computer and your mobile app.
- To log out of WhatsApp Web on desktop, go to Menu > Log out.
- To log out of WhatsApp Web from your phone is connected to, go to Menu > WhatsApp Web > Log out from all devices.
More Tips and Tricks
At last here is a bonus for you, here’s one hack that you’ll love. You can actually read messages without marking them with blue ticks. If you want to learn how to do that and more, check out the best WhatsApp Web tips and tricks.